Already a Member?
Power Membership Application
In order for a networking group to be productive, successful and fun all members must be familiar with the expectations and rules. The following is a list of expectations for Women’s Business Connect.
There won’t be a lot of mumbo jumbo here, and it won’t take your lawyer to review it.
You should know:
- There is a $100 yearly membership fee to join . We all are looking for a great experience when it comes to networking, not to be paying out a ton of fees! We will check reviews, company reputation and speak with you 1:1 before granting membership to be sure you’re a good fit for our group.
- For fee you get to: Attend any WBC meeting, get a listing on our website with backlinks to your website, and a Yearly Podcast spotlight on your business. HUGE VALUE HERE!
- Our monthly in-person meetings are referred to as Power Connects. We hold 1 in-person meeting in Mesa, AZ and one online event per month. If you would like to start in-person meetings in your area, let’s connect and see how we can help grow your area!
- We aren’t industry exclusive – if this bothers you, we recommend you check out a group like BNI. We believe business is built on relationships. We know that businesses are often members of many networking groups, so rather than focusing on exclusive membership, we focus on building up “like, know, and trust” relationships where everyone can collaborate and grow together and find the right fit personally for them and their business referrals.
- We are about more than networking for business. We know there is great value in having someone you can turn to in your business to work through problems, as well as offer support and encouragement in your life and business.
- We don’t track leads, business referrals & closings, etc. That is your job to evaluate if this group is a good fit for you, either for your business or your personal relationships.
Here are the “rules”:
- We encourage you to set 1:1 or smaller group connects with other members to build relationships.
- Power Connect Meetings are held 1-2x/month on a regular schedule. If you aren’t going to be able to make it, you can: 1) send someone in your place to represent your business and let leadership know, or 2) let the leadership team know at least 24 hours ahead of time you can’t be there, and you weren’t able to get a sub. We don’t track attendance beyond knowing who wasn’t there and honestly missing you! We will most likely reach out to make sure you are okay if you have been coming to our meetings and are a no show without letting us know ahead of time.
- We request you register for all Power Connect meetings on Meetup or Eventbrite, so we know how many seats to have ahead of time.
- We just ask that you “Commit to Come” by submitting this agreement.
- We reserve the right to add/change rules if needed for the group to thrive.